After three great years with Detron I acepted a new role/challenge over at Liquidware. Building on their current EMEA presence in both the UK and Switzerland, I will be joining Liquidware in the Netherlands from where we will focus on further business expansion within NL, the Benelux and other European regions – read on.
During the last couple of years, I have been actively following the developments around application layering – which is how I got to know Liquidware a lot better, just over two years ago. You might have seen my application layering technology cheat sheet come by once or twice (have a look here). As a former technical EUC consultant I have also dealt and worked with various monitoring, troubleshooting, (end) user profile solutions, and EUC workspace platforms in general. All the more reason why I am super excited to share this news with you today.
In my role as Pre-Sales Director Northern Europe/EMEA I will engage with new and existing customers to talk about their on-premises and cloud EUC challenges while at the same time sharing the companies vision and future roadmap. Next to that I’ll focus on building out our current partner channel, various marketing activities, coordinating Liquidware implementations, PoC’s and demo’s plus any support cases where and when needed. I will act as a tech evangelist for the Liquidware portfolio, where I’ll make sure to involve the community as much as possible – we have some nice ideas cooking already – and of course I won’t hesitate to share any thoughts I might have on product development going forward. Expect to hear a lot more going forward.
Having worked as a technical SBC/VDI/EUC Pre-Sales Consultant, Management Consultant as well as CTO for the Detron ICT group (a great employer, by the way, I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot. The team (s) I worked with are all amazing – great people), I’m confident my role at Liquidware will be a near to perfect fit – as such I’m looking forward to the variety it offers. I’m extremely fortunate to be able to do what I love, as well as to learn and share at the same time, something for which I am grateful each day.
As for my current community involvement, you can keep expecting the same content, on basvankaam.com for example, I have been publishing throughout the last couple of years, no changes there. However, the Liquidware portfolio will get a bit more attention as you probably understand :)
To be honest, I find it surprising that the Liquidware portfolio does so well in the US, while in Europe it is still fairly unknown when compared to others. They have been, and continue to be EUC pioneers and have introduced tons of industry firsts. A quick glance at our portfolio:
- Stratusphere UX – Desktop monitoring. Gain deep visibility for all of your users, all machines and all applications – all of the time. Define and leverage a user-centric performance metric to drive success in your infrastructure. Leverage user experience to define ‘normal’ and manage users through their lifecycle. Empower your help desk to protectively monitor and prioritize the details that matter most
- ProfileUnity – User Environment Management. Application Lifecycle, Rights Management and the support for (ongoing and automated) Windows migrations. Go beyond basic profile management and offer advanced control over the entire user environment, including profile portability.
- FlexApp – Application Layering. Choose the most effective app delivery, and deployment strategy mode to ensure that desktop users stay productive, while at the same time keeping track of ages, versions and licensing of applications throughout your environment.
- Vendor independent, platform agnostic, on-premises, physical, virtual and in the cloud (all of them) – we do it all, which makes us unique in today’s EUC/ICT landscape.
Needless to say, I can think of many reasons why you should at least have a look at what we have to offer. But don’t worry, I’ll make sure to share the goodness with you guys in the weeks and months to come – the Liquidware tech is quite amazing, if I may say so myself.
To underline the above statement, I would encourage you to listen to one of Liquidware’s latest podcast, which was recorded together with Frontline Chatter, hosted by, in this case Jarian Gibson and Andrew Morgan. Some impressive announcements and roadmap items are covered – you’ll find it here.
Do not hesitate to contact me
I would be more than happy to discuss our portfolio, vision, roadmap and how Liquidware can support your organisation, today or in the (near) future. Perhaps you are on the verge of a Windows 10/Server 2016/cloud migration (and who isn’t?), like to setup a PoC, are wondering about an application implementation/lifecycle strategy, want to do a product/feature bake-off, or simply contact us to discuss any other issues or wonderings you might have – just give me/us a shout.
Even though I haven’t officially started (I will be joining Liquidware as of October 1st though during my first week I will be on Crete, Greece enjoying a short holiday, something which I had already planned a couple of months ago) we already have a busy schedule ahead. Just to give you an idea…
- Throughout October we have multiple customer demos scheduled, both on-site as well as at our office in Amstelveen.
- I will be presenting (2 hour session) on the Liquidware portfolio to my ex-colleagues at Detron.
- We have a ton of appointments planned for the coming months and requests/questions coming in through email and other social channels.
- In November, we will be visiting the VMware End-User Computing Tech Conference (second of November).
- The day after that, we will be at the Dutch Citrix User Group (third of November) – so make sure to stop by and say hello.
- Next, we will be at the Workspaceinnovationevent (sixteenth of November) where I will be presenting a breakout session and were our team will be talking to customers throughout the day.
- And (much) more to come…
In conclusion, I’m very much looking forward to joining a team of highly skilled, smart and enthusiastic professionals, making the EUC world a better place, transforming the desktop one step at the time. Lots of great developments going on as we speak.
Thank you for reading, and please, stay tuned…